What Is Search Engine Optimization/ SEO?
Search Engine Optimization is the process of assimilating all search engine friendly elements, which are prominent for search engine algorithms into a website to improve the visibility of a web pages on organic (“natural” or un-paid) search engine result pages (SERPs).
SEO strategy makes your web pages and content more search engine friendly and visible to users who searching for terms relevant to your website on major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo etc.
Search engine optimization can be categorized into two areas:
- On-page – On-page optimization refers to website factors which comprise a web page, such as HTML code, textual content, and images.
- Off-page optimization – Off-page optimization refers to back-links or incoming links.
If you are new to SEO? Just have a look on this video which helps you to understand about
search engine optimization. It’ll quickly cover the basics:
Their are lots of other techniques of optimizing a web page to rank high on Google such as,
- Improvising meta tags/description
- Catchy design
- Faster webpage speed
- Effective keyword density
- Short tail URLs
- Image optimization based on keywords
- Header tags
- Internal linking